Friday 18 January 2013

4 months on....

I can hardly believe that it has been 4 months since I left London. After the hottest day on record in Sydney today (46 degrees), I can almost say that I miss the cold. Until of course, I open the Evening Standard homepage to see snow falling on Lambeth Bridge and remember waiting for the 242 outside of Liverpool Street Station...maybe not
The last 4 months have been a complete whirlwind. A treadmill. An endless quest to put in place the structures and foundations of our life. But boy has it been fun!
For the first time in almost 18 months, I find myself going to parties with my other half, sitting on the beach, doing the bayrun every weekend and eating brunch at any of the dozens of cafes in Balmain.
But certainly, there is a price to pay. The life of a working mama means that all of the fun stuff comes at a high cost. Stepping out of the door every morning is a constant marathon. Is this really what it means to be an adult? Feeling major empathy for my own parents these days. Nevertheless, the time I spend working, only makes me appreciate the beauty of my family. The giggles of my (almost!) one year old, the amazing meals my husband cooks for me, the support and love of my mother and father... it is all worth it. Sydney is all smiles :)







No comments:

Post a Comment