Monday 1 October 2012

World class traveller

It was somewhere over Afghanistan, as I was sitting on Singapore Airlines flight SQ321, holding my screaming infant, tired, exhausted and slightly delirious, that I realised that flying to the other side of the world (on my own) with a tiny baby was absolutely the worst, stupidest and most ridiculous idea I have ever had. I could see the eyes being rolled, the exasperation and the slightly pursed lips of  fellow passengers as I tried every trick in the book to pacify Baby M (short of elephant tranquiliser). This was utter hell. Yet, I couldn't quite complain as we finally landed in Singapore and turned up at the oh-so-amazing Crowne Plaza hotel. For the first time in what felt like an eternity, I felt like I could relax. Facing 30 degree heat, delicious pan asian cusine and decor to make an urbanite like me to swoon, I felt like I could stay forever. Baby M absolutely loved the swimming pool, the attentive waiters and screamed in delight when we visited Sentosa Island and chilled with cocktails on the beach. It was a short transit, but I felt like I could face the remaining 8 hours onwards to Sydney where my parents would be awaiting with their grandparent love and endless cuddles. Im turning my little man into a world class traveller. 5 star only please!





No comments:

Post a Comment