Tuesday 5 February 2013

HOLIDAY!!!

Yes!!!!! It finally happened. I actually managed to have a bona fide holiday for the first time in 2 years. I know that sounds like an exceptionally long time not to sit and contemplate my belly button, but I have been a busy lady having babies, getting married, moving countries and finishing my masters.
I think it was sometime in November that I thought to myself....if I don't go on holiday in the next few months I am going to put my head through the wall. Thank goodness I didn't have to revert to such drastic measures, but this was the holiday that ALMOST DIDN'T HAPPEN. Of all the natural disasters to happen, Cyclone Evan blew through tiny Fiji the day before we were due to land. What luck! Making a quick risk assessment, we thought it would be sensible to bite the bullet and defer the holiday by 5 weeks. And boy are we glad we did. Whilst parts of Fiji are still affected, I couldn't help but be amazed at the resilience and tenacity of the local Fijian people. The beauty of the location was one thing, but the beauty of the smiles and love we received made for an amazing holiday. Couldn't recommend it more!

http://www.fijibeachresortbyhilton.com/





No comments:

Post a Comment